Friday, March 2, 2012

My Inner "Walk the Line"

Short and sweet today, a little tribute to the man, Johnny Cash!!!


I happen to love Johnny Cash, the song "Walk the Line," the movie Walk the Line, Joaquin Phoenix who played Johnny Cash in Walk the Line and the lyrics to the song "Walk the Line."

"I Walk the Line" is a song written by Johnny Cash and recorded in 1956. After three attempts with moderate chart ratings, "I Walk the Line" became the first number one Billboard hit for Cash. The single remained on the record charts for over 43 weeks, and sold over 2 million copies.  In 2004, Rolling Stone ranked the song at #30 on their list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

You could say, this song speaks to me!  HAHA - that sounds pretty deep.  I think that your relationship with your spouse, significant other, etc. should compliment each of you.  The things I lack in myself, Keeton is right there to complete and same with him.  We satisfy each other's needs and it works great.  This song talks about that.  Cash was referring to his first wife Vivian in this song (some believe it was for June Carter), he was newly married when he wrote the song.  Cash stated, “I wrote the song backstage one night in 1956 in Gladewater, Texas. I was newly married at the time, and I suppose I was laying out my pledge of devotion."  LOVE IT! 

Here are the lyrics - enjoy - ponder - etc.  I LOVE YOU KEENASTY, this one's for you!

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time.
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine,
I walk the line

I find it very, very easy to be true
I find myself alone when each day is through
Yes, I'll admit I'm a fool for you
Because you're mine,
I walk the line

As sure as night is dark and day is light
I keep you on my mind both day and night
And happiness I've known proves that it's right
Because you're mine,
I walk the line

You've got a way to keep me on your side
You give me cause for love that I can't hide
For you I know I'd even try to turn the tide
Because you're mine,
I walk the line