Thursday, February 9, 2012

B is for Burger

Burgers .... YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!  I love burgers, but def. don't eat them that often b/c we all know they are pretty bad for you!!!  So moving on....

My 2 favorite places for a burger in Funky Town are Dutch's Burgers near TCU and Pop's Burgers in Benbrook.  I swear Pop's burgers melt in your mouth!  The meat and cheese are cooked together and they taste amazing.  They recently just won the DFW's Best Burger Contest and deserve it!  Dutch's is another great burger - very messy, but oh so worth it!  Best part about their burger is seriously their bread.  I am not sure if they make their bread in house, but it def. taste like it.  Its more like a roll vs. a bun.  Here are some pics...

Pop's Burger - http://www.popsburgersandgrill.com/


Dutch's Burger - http://www.dutchshamburgers.com/


And lastly, I want to post how I make burgers at home!  I use turkey meat instead of ground beef to make it a little more healthy.  I dice up an onion and mix in within the meat.  Then I season the meat with soy sauce, Creole, Worcestershire sauce and pepper! You can cook the meat on the grill our in a pan on the oven.  Top with cheese if you would like and anything else you love!!!  YUM YUM YUM and easy!  OK, again this little seasoning mix was given to me by a friend - can't take all the credit.  My favorite side dish with burgers are sweet potato fries - baked in the oven.  Another great recipe!  Top with Italian seasoning and salt!  Delicious! 


Dang.... I am so hungry right now!  Any other burger joints I must try????

No comments:

Post a Comment