Sunday, January 22, 2012

B is for Blackjack

Since we recently took a trip to Shreveport, I figured I would dedicate a blog post to my favorite game, blackjack!!  I love playing blackjack!  I def. hate playing the slots and I know they are way popular, but tend to eat my money quickly and just piss me off, plus I really don't understand what is going on with those machines.  They seem a little all over the place, they could hose you and you would prob. never know and you couldn't really prove it either.  OK, back to blackjack.... blackjack has some very easy, simple rules my KeeNasty taught me and with these it is very EASY and FUN to play!
  • If the dealer is showing between a 2 and a 6 and you can hit without busting (11 or less), you hit.
  • If the dealer is showing 7 or more and you have 16 or less, you hit.  Some people don't like hitting 16, but I always do.  I am gambling, what the hell!?!?!  Usually people will say, you either always hit 16's or you always stay on 16's.  Pick one or the other - otherwise, your fellow players may get mad at you.
  • Always split Ace's and 8's.
  • I like to double down on 10's and 11's - unless the dealer is a showing a 10, I sometimes hesitate. 
Now, if I have thoroughly confused you... sorry, but blackjack is so fun!  ENJOY!!!!