Thursday, January 19, 2012

Homemade Salsa - YUM!!!!!!

Hey everyone!  I just recently made some home made salsa and it is so delish - I had to share!  I got the recipe from a co-worker, so I can't take all the credit.  I literally could drink this stuff.  Here are the ingredients:
  • 1 yellow onion - chopped
  • 2 bell peppers - chopped
  • 6 good sized jalapenos (I take out the seeds and membrane) - chopped. It’s hard to know if the jalapenos are really hot so you might start with 4 and add more if you want them.  I made mine pretty mild and only put in 4.
  • 2 large cans of whole peeled tomatoes
  • 2 cloves of pressed garlic
  • Cilantro - chopped - however much you like
  • Lots of salt and pepper
I used my food dicer to chop everything up quickly and it turned out amazing.  This will make a lot of salsa, so you will have plenty to share, have over time or use for a party!  Here is pic of the finished product!  You really should try it!!!