Wednesday, January 25, 2012

B is for Boston Terrier


Hey everyone!  I have been researching like a crazy person about this whole dog thing and I have finally made a decision!  My first pick for a new dog is a Boston Terrier!  If you read my post, B is for Breed you will see all the factors that have gone into making my decision.  The one big thing that has changed is an indoor or outdoor dog.  Keeton all of the sudden [[OUT OF NO WHERE]] said he was re-thinking the whole "inside dog idea."  I was shocked!  I have always wanted an inside dog, but def. thought the idea was a no go!  I always grew up with inside dogs, some I liked and some I didn't, but that is what I am familiar with.  I worry about outside dogs barking too much or digging out.  Of course, these things are just concerns b/c I am unfamiliar with outside dogs, but still... it caused me some anxiety, not going to lie.  For an inside dog, I def. do not want a puppy.  I take great strides to make sure my house is clean, nice, neat, organized and smells good!  Likely hood - a puppy would destroy all of those things.  So I want to adopt a young, not puppy, Boston terrier.

Some other positive things about Bostons (for us):
  • typically small, compactly built
  • gentle breed that typically has a strong, happy-go-lucky and friendly personality
  • generally eager to please their owner
  • can easily be trained given a patient owner
  • the modern Boston Terrier can be gentle, alert, expressive, creative, and well-mannered
  • both females and males are generally quiet and bark only when necessary
  • having been bred as a companion dog, they enjoy being around people, and if properly socialized, get along well with children, the elderly, other canines, and non-canine pets
  • typically they do not shed much - something really big for me!!!!  I shed enough for my house!!!! 

My only concern about a dog is it interfering with my social life - of course!  But, I need and want to enjoy coming home to something that needs me to take care of it.  And not a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just kind of preparing for the whole baby idea, ya know??  I will be a great Mom to a dog and I will take care of it, love it, play with it, walk it, etc.  I REALLY JUST CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay tuned for more updates on our doggie selection!!!! 

How cute is this?!?!?!  But, remember... no puppy for this girl!