Thursday, January 12, 2012

B is for cook Book cooking

Well I am not a huge fan of cooking, but I have recently found the best way for me to cook more, etc.  I enjoy cooking when it turns out great, it is very rewarding.  So, here is what I think is going to work best for me for the long haul.  I have recently been introduced to this new cook book my boss created.  I love it!  I have been going through it daily and making new recipes.  I have figured that I will go through 1 cook book at a time and continue to do so until I have gone through all of them and then start back over.  This creates some what of a check list type thing for me and I dig it the most baby!  And so does the hubby.  I wanted to share with yall, my favorite (and everyone else's favorite) recipe I have done so far.... props to Nancy Madsen for this one!  It is so easy too!!  WHICH I LOVE!

Poppy Seed Chicken
6 chicken breasts, cooked, skinned and pulled into strips
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
8 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons poppy seeds
2 rolls Ritz crackers, crushed
1 1/2 sticks of butter

Arrange strips of chicken in the bottom of a casserole dish. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir together soup and water in a saucepan over medium heat to remove all lumps. Remove from heat and add sour cream. Stir in cheese and 1-1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds. Pour over chicken strips. Mix together remaining poppy seeds, melted butter and cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over chicken and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

NOTE: To cook chicken breasts, put in a large pot with water to cover. Bring water to a boil and cook chicken until it is tender when you insert a fork in it (probably 20 to 30 minutes or so). You can avoid this step by buying canned chicken, but fresh is always better!