Saturday, January 21, 2012

Event Planning = MY HEART

As many of you may know, I have a huge passion for planning and organizing anything!  About 3 months ago, I landed my dream job!  I am now an official "Event Coordinator" at TCU for Donor Relations and I love it!!!  Recently, at work I have been doing so many fun things, I thought I would share some with everyone. 
  • Setting up a tasting with our catering dept. for 3 events we are holding in March (2 dinners, 1 lunch) - look at the yummy stuff we are going to be tasting!  This will make you hungry!!!
    • Mixed Green Salad with Cherry Tomatoes, Candied Walnuts and Feta Cheese
    • Sliced Beef Tenderloin
    • Chipotle Mashed Potatoes and Grilled Corn Relish
    • Chocolate Stout Cake with Bailey’s Cream frosting
    • Baby Blue Salad with Fresh Pears with Balsamic Vinaigrette
    • Wilted Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
    • Caramelized Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast with Fontina and Bing Cherries
    • Prosciutto and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken with Orange Beurre Blanc Sauce
    • White Chocolate Mousse in Crisp Tuille Cup with Fresh Berries and
    • Blackberry Coulis Drizzle
    • Cornish game hen plate (no bones) with wild rice and haricots verts (green beans)
  • Setting up a time to go check out table cloths, napkins and chargers - SO FUN!!!
  • Scheduling a time for a person to come look at an event space in regards to set up.  For one of our events, we will have to construct a stage, entrance, reception area and dinner seating.  We will be taking a blank pallet and working from scratch to create something amazing!  I will def. post pics of this one!
  • Pricing and setting up all vendors - everything from rentals, lighting, sound, catering, florist, etc.
  • Speaking of florist - we just met with him in regards to our vision for one of our events.  We are celebrating a 25th Anniversary and we want to incorporate silver as much as possible.  Silver represents 25 years, if you didn't know - So pretty to work with!!!
  • Meeting with a group of people in regards to parking, the flow of people into the event, what entrance would be best and valet.
  • And, I was invited to be on a committee to help plan all the events for our new stadium re-opening and dedication!!  I accepted... of course!  So exciting!  It is going to be amazing, check it out here - Amon G. Carter Stadium
There are so many more things that go into planning a large event, but I just wanted to share a couple of neat things with you.  I have included below some event pics that have come out of our office.  Remember, I have only been here for 3 months - the other people in my office are absolutely amazing at what they do and they def. had the upper hand in the ones I am highlighting below.... 

Leap Frog Event - My First Day at Work

Erma Lowe Hall (Dance Building) Ribbon Cutting and Dedication


Dancing with the Frogs - Clark Weekend 2011

I am so blessed to have a job I love and I thank God every day for it!  =))